Monday, March 11, 2013

Blender Pie

This is good.  It's basically a coconut custard.  And it is dang easy to make.

Blender Pie
recipe by Luann (Grandma's sister)
2 cups milk
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
5 1/3 tbls (or 1/3 cup) butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup shredded coconut

Put all ingredients in blender and blend.  (I blended everything really well except the coconut then I put that in at the very end.)  Pour into a greased pie pan (very important.)  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until golden.  It took me more like 50-60 minutes (I used a glass pie pan.)  Just make sure the center is set with a very slight wiggle when you shake it.  Refrigerate before eating.



It filled my deep 9 inch pie dish almost to the top.


It has a fantastic crunchy top and for some reason, it makes it's own pie crust.  Pretty cool.

It does have an eggy flavor, but after you refrigerate it, it gets much better.






No comments:

Post a Comment