Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I love everything about these cookies.  I've actually made these twice in the past little bit (2 different recipes) and I liked Grandma's recipe the best.
 No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
6 tbls cocoa
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla

Mix butter, milk, sugar and peanut butter in a pot over the stove until it boils.  Let it boil for 1 minute (keep stirring).  Take off stove and add vanilla, cocoa and oatmeal.  Drop in spoonfuls on wax paper.  Let them harden (they are the best a little cold in the refrigerator.
The reason I think I liked these so much is because the mixture was hot enough to cook the oats a little and so they were tastier than the others I made which put the pb in after the mixture boiled.
The photos with my hands and the spoon are taken by my oldest son!

No comments:

Post a Comment