Monday, March 4, 2013

Hamburger Onion Pie

To be honest this recipe didn't sound very tasty to me, but I wanted to try it out.


 Both Pepe and I loved it, the kids didn't really touch it.

Hamburger Onion Pie
1 cup Bisquick (or you can make your own Bisquick)
1/3 cup light cream (I used half and half)
1 lb ground beef (I used turkey sausage and ground beef)
2 medium onions, diced
1 tsp. salt (I used about 3/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp flavor extender aka msg (I used some no-salt seasoning)
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tlbs Bisquick
2 eggs
1 cup small curd cottage cheese (I think you could use cheese too)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix 1 cup Bisquick and light cream together.  Knead by hand10 times.  Roll out and place in 9 inch pie pan. Fork edges.
Saute beef and onions until beef has lost color (I cooked meat first and drained off some fat). Add salt, flavor extender, pepper and 2 tbls Bisquick. Spread in pan.
Beat eggs slightly and mix in cottage cheese.  Pour over meat.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake 30 minutes or until center is set (took me about 35-40 minutes).
  





I was asking grandma about this recipe and she said that she never made it with onions because Grandpa hated onions.  Also she said that they had a Turkish doctor over to eat and she only made one pie for everyone.  He loved the pie so much, Grandma wishes she would have made two.

No comments:

Post a Comment