Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Do you know where this is?  Let me zoom out a little.
I have many good memories trying to find Grandma's keys to this freezer so we could get her oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
I tried out one of her chocolate chip cookie recipes.  It wasn't as good as I remember them being as a kid, but they were still good.  I remember the cookies more flat and chewy.

I used this recipe above (same as the one I'm typing below.)

Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups oatmeal
3 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet and only a bag full which is about 2 1/4 cups)

Cream shortening and sugars.  Mix in egg, water, vanilla.  Add flour, salt, baking soda.  Add in oatmeal and chocolate chips.  Drop cookie dough (about a big spoonful) on greased baking sheet.  Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 7-10 minutes.

Grandma said that she always under baked her cookie just a little to get them more chewy.  And she said she wasn't patient to wait, so she'd take them out.  Also, I think you could omit the baking soda and you might get a flatter cookie?  Let me know if you try this.





Here's another oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe of Grandma's that I haven't tried yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment