Wednesday, February 13, 2013

German Chocolate Pie

German Chocolate Pie is one of Grandma's go to pies.  She made it for Thanksgivings and when I talked to her on the phone the other day, she had the recipe out to make.









































When I made this I didn't let it refrigerate and it tasted ok, but not amazing.  Then I tasted it after I refrigerated it overnight...amazing!  As I tasted it the second time, I remembered eating it as a kid at Thanksgiving.



German Chocolate Pie
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp cocoa
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cup evaporated milk ( I used this recipe)
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut
Combine sugar, flour, cocoa.  Stir in eggs and butter.  Add milk, water, pecans, coconut and mix well.  Pour into pie shell.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until set.   Mine baked about 45-50 minutes.  Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

The pie tastes like chocolate pudding with a pecan and coconut topping...very good.


I'm trying to get better pics of this recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment